Poker is a popular game enjoyed by many around the world. It is a card game in which betting rules, and hand rankings determine the winner. Poker has gone from being a recreational activity to a widely played spectator sport.
In poker, there are certain combinations of cards which can lead to winning. There are many different combos and each one has its own ranking. If you are playing poker, you need to try and achieve these combinations with the cards available. The player with the best poker hands wins the game. There are many different poker hands, but I have listed the top ten five card rankings below:
1. The royal straight flush is the best poker hand, and this happens when you have all the cards from a 10 to an A, all of the same suit. This can guarantee a win.
2. A straight flush five cards in order of the same suit, such as from 2 to 6.
3. Next is four of a kind; you get four of the same card, such as four 8s. The fifth card can be anything.
4. A full house is a poker hand in which you have three same cards, and then two same cards, such as three 4s and two 7s.
5. A flush is a poker hand in which you have 5 cards of the similar suit, even if they are not in sequence.
6. A straight is when you have five cards in order, but not of the same suit.
7. Three of a kind is when you have three same number cards, for example, you have three 4s.
8. Two pairs is when you have two pairs of cards of the same number such as having a pair of 4s and a pair of 7s
9. One pair is when you just have one pair of same number cards.
10. A high card is a poker hand which is player when none of the above hands is available to any player. In that case, the player who has the highest card wins the game.
In this way, you can attempt to create the above poker hands and combinations in the hopes of winning the game. If two players end up with the same poker hand, then the remaining cards can be used to see who wins the game.