|About This Book
What will you learn in How to Make a Million with only $2,000: Every Young Person Can Do It?
- The importance of saving money early in life.
- Simple explanations of financial terms, including the power of compound interest and the Rule of 72, which shows how quickly money can double.
- How the discipline and regularity of saving is more important than the amount.
- The three buckets for saving: what they are, how they are used.
- Budgeting and the significance of deferring large dollar purchases.
- How to invest safely in stocks and ways to minimize costs.
- Tax Shelters and their benefits, with special emphasis on the Roth IRA
- Strategies for financial success, including use of the 529 plan and the Education IRA for college savings.
- Special ways parents and grandparent can help their kids succeed.
- How to provide lifetime freedom and security from financial pressures.
- When and how to spend accumulated wealth.
- And more, including setting financial goals, why and how not to create credit card debt, and tips for success in life.
The Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy believes in the importance of teaching our youth personal finance instruction. Ed's book can help students understand the importance of saving and the difference that it can make in their lives. He covers many other important financial concepts including investments, safety and diversification, tax shelters, Roth IRAs, 529 Plans, etc." --Dara Duguay, Executive Director, Jump$tart Coalition
More book reviews and recommendations
You are now ready to order this book!
Other Books by Ed
The Money Marathon: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom
25truths.com: Life Principles of the Happiest and Most Successful Among Us
Related web sites are www.eddouglas.com and www.getthebookofjohn.com.
You may also request a FREE copy of The Book of John and/or "The Four Spiritual Laws" with your orders.
Return to Top